DYS has been awarded the status of Approved Economic Operator (AEO) following its longtanding relation with customs in a variety of yachting related tasks.
AEO is a European customs label demonstrating a partnership approach between customs and the company.
This partnership includes an annual audit by customs which reviews the:
- Internal organization of the company,
- Internal procedures designed to respect the customs regulations,
- Awareness by the personnel of the risk of fraud,
- Distinction between products coming from within the EU and those coming from outside the EU,
- Procedures to safeguard computerized information and archived documents,
- Financial solvability of the company.
DYS has negotiated with customs a simplified local version of the European Inward Processing Relief (Perfectionnement Actif) procedure for VAT free parts and labour.
It is rapidly executed without any need for a warranty.